Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Mourning Locket

A few weeks ago, I received a message from Rene'e whose friend's husband had recently passed away.  Rene'e wanted to buy a locket to seal his ashes in. I though the idea was lovely and she ended up purchasing this  beautiful vintage locket from my shop:

Eternal Love
 
 
After much patience and a USPS mishap (obviously the original locket was lost in the mail), Rene'e contacted me to show me this amazing piece she had created with this vintage locket. 
 


 
 
I was (and still am) so blown away by the beauty, love and artistry of this piece. Rene'e took a wonderful vintage locket and customized it for her friend. This is truly the definition of "vintage repurposed". I asked Rene's if I could share this piece with you and she happily agreed...yay!
 
Way to go Rene'e, your friend is lucky to have you!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment